Ad has a wonderful talent for making delicious meals out of whatever is in the kitchen. I do not. The last kitchen clean out meal that I had was 3 veggie sausages and some applesauce. Yum yum, huh? This salad of Ad’s is one of my personal favorite. It’s so flavorful and light, really perfect for summer. It’s also easy, and can be made ahead which is convenient. The recipe below makes enough for two people, plus left overs, but you can easily double up on the ingredients to make a larger batch.
1 c. quinoa
1/2 bag frozen edamame
1/2 bag frozen corn
1/2 red onion, chopped
1/8 c oil, plus some for sauteing (I use grapeseed oil, which is pretty flavorless)
1/4 c low sodium soy salt
ground ginger to taste ( I use 1 Tbs because I like mine pretty tangy and flavorful. Start with a little, and you can always add more.)
black pepper to taste
garlic powder to taste
onion powder to taste
1. Cook quinoa, following the directions on the package.
2. While the quinoa is cooking, saute the edamame, corn, and onions in grapeseed oil over medium high eat until they begin to brown.
3. Combine the quinoa and sauted veggies.
4. Mix all other ingredients to create the dressing, and pour it over the quinoa and veggies.
5. Cool and serve, or refrigerate overnight to let the flavors blend.