Roasted chick peas are one of Ad’s favorite snacks. They’re crunchy, flavorful, and healthy. You can buy them already roasted in stores, but we prefer to roast our own so that we can tailor the taste.
1 can of unsalted chick peas
2 Tbs olive oil
1 tsp cumin
1. To start, thoroughly rinse and drain your chick peas, before laying them between two kitchen towels. Ad lets his sit for 45 minutes. The drier they are, the crispier they’ll be after roasting, and that’s what you want!
2. Once dry, transfer the chick peas into a 9×13 baking pan. Drizzle with olive oil, and stir to coat the peas.
3. Add spices! You can be as creative (or not) as you want here. Our standard seasoning is 1 tsp of cumin, a couple pinches of chipotle powder, and a sprinkling of salt. Stir until spices are evenly distributed, and spread chick peas into a single layer.
4. Bake uncovered at 400° F, for 45 min to an hour, stirring every 10 minutes or so, until golden brown.
5. Let cool, and store in an airtight container until it’s time for a snack.
Does anyone make these with different seasonings? We’re always up for trying something new, especially when it involves food!